This Policy applies to Babelway SA in Belgium or any of its subsidiaries wherever located (collectively referred to as “Babelway”) when Babelway processes Personal Data as a Controller as defined in the GDPR.
This Policy relates to Personal Data of all Data Subjects, including non-EU citizens.
Babelway shall pay particular attention to the protection of the privacy of the Data Subjects and therefore undertakes to take all reasonable precautions required to protect Personal Data collected against the loss, theft, disclosure or breach of privacy or any unauthorized use.
Babelway collects and processes Personal Data from Data Subjects for the following purposes:
• Registration and subsequent authorized access to the Babelway service;
• Billing and payment management;
• Providing user and customer support;
• Data backup to meet service availability guarantees;
• User experience analysis and improvement;
• Auditing data access;
• Convert prospective users;
Babelway may also collect and process Personal Data that are not yet foreseen in this Policy. In such a case, Babelway will inform Data Subjects that their Personal Data is processed for another purpose.
This Policy relates to Personal Data collected from Data Subjects via any means, including cookies, online registration, email and offline communication methods.
Personal Data collected by Babelway is defined as personally identifiable data such as:
• Electronical identification data (IP addresses, cookies, …) ;
• Personal identification data (name, email address, …) ;
• Personal identification data issued by public services (identity card number, national register number, …) ;
• Professional data (company name, head office, VAT number, professional telephone number, professional email address,…);
• Data related to logs and users web sessions;
• Any other data that Data Subjects voluntarily communicate to Babelway, for example during information inquiries and / or registrations on the platform.
Babelway shall keep Personal Data only for the reasonable and necessary time with regard to the purposes and in accordance with the legal and regulatory requirements. Babelway retains Personal Data for a maximum of three years after termination of the relationship that required the collection of Personal Data. At the end of the retention period, Babelway makes every effort to ensure Personal Data has been made unavailable and inaccessible.
Babelway always uses the encryption technologies that are recognized as industry standards within the IT sector to secure Personal Data.