Babelway now offers two-factor authentication for users to login to the Babelway platform. If you wish to enable two-factor authentication (TFA) on your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
Two Factor Authentication is an extra layer of security that is known as “multi factor authentication” that requires not only a password and username but also something that a user has on them, i.e. a piece of information only they should know or have immediately to hand – such as a physical token. For Babelway, we have integrated Google Authenticator that will give you a 6-digit code to enter upon login.
To setup TFA, follow these steps:
- Contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us you want to enable TFA
- Download the Google Authenticator app on your smart phone, either IOS or Android.
- Once enabled on your account, you’ll be prompted to enable TFA with your Google Authenticator app upon login
- Go to your app and choose ‘setup’ or add account ‘+’
- Either enter the Secret code or scan the QR code
- You’re setup!
From this point, whenever you login to your account, you’ll be prompted to enter a 2-step verification code:
You’ll access the Google Authenticator app on your phone, which will give you a time sensitive 6 digit code to enter in.
This ensures that only the person with the linked authenticator app (you) can access your account, making your Babelway platform even more secure.